Updated 10th July 2019
By accessing this website, you are agreeing to be bound by these Website Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Island Ship Center’s website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Island Ship Center’s website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Island Ship Center at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The materials on Island Ship Center’s website are provided “as is”. Island Ship Center makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Island Ship Center does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Island Ship Center or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Island Ship Center’s Internet site, even if Island Ship Center or an Island Ship Center authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Island Ship Center’s website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Island Ship Center does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete, or current. Island Ship Center may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. Island Ship Center does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Island Ship Center has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Island Ship Center of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
Any claim relating to Island Ship Center’s website shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Children under Age 13
Island Ship Center does not knowingly collect any information from children under age thirteen. If you discover that we have collected information from children under age thirteen, please notify us. If a child under age thirteen sends us an email with a question or comment, and we are aware of the child’s age, we will write back using that email address but we will not keep the email address or use it again.
Content Ownership and Copyrights
Content on all Island Ship Center websites is copyrighted to its author. Use of any content in part or in whole requires permission from the author with the exception of Island Ship Center authored content.
Content posted under the Island Ship Center byline on www.islandshipcenter.com only is available for reprint under the Creative Commons Attribution license and requires the following language: “Reprinted with permission from www.islandshipcenter.com.” Direct URL links to Island Ship Center blog content is encouraged as long as content does not appear as one’s own work.
Photographs, digital images and writings are subject to copyright laws.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Your questions and comments are important to us! Should you wish to update, correct or delete any information you have provided to us, please contact Island Ship Center:
Island Ship Center
1879 Whitehaven Rd
Grand Island, NY 14072
E-mail: [email protected]